BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home sick already? Impressive!

Well as i lay in my bunk and check my emails, and ready about whats going on back home i cant feel like i am so distant from everything that is happening. I have never felt like this before i guess the realization of my commitment has just hit my heart and my head. I feel that piece of home missing from me, i look at my grandmothers picture she painted for me and i feel a little more at home.
Its really different here then i expected, its a little harder then i had estimated and God is bending me a lot more then i have anticipated as well.
But i must move forward i cant get suck here feeling like this, what good what that do for me or my new family here in Honduras.
Every day must be a new adventure and i must rely more on Jesus strength every day.
I hope everyone is doing fine back at home and i hope that everyone misses me as much as i miss them. I had a huge break through last night at church and I feel to me knees weeping and thanking God for all of you, and thanking God for everyone he has put in my life, that has brought me to this point. Its a hard realization but Gods work is not for the faint of heart. So i must push forward, i must move on and remember that God is bigger then this and he wants to make me happy so i will give all i have to please him and pray for the best.
Miss you all very much
John

2 comments:

Dad said...

Awww comon Junior!! You make me want to catch a flight and bring my PS 3 so you can feel at home!! How about that thick crust pizza we got from N&W??? Yumm!! Now that should make ya miss home!! LOL It is going to be tough at times Junior but the good that you bring to those children is an awesome thing. Always know that we are here for you. Your mom and sister...and of course your favorite...DAD! Dorothy says hello and I saw Simone at Provident and she says hi and to tell you "you are awesome". This is going to be something you will talk about to your children one day...We are all behind you buddy and we are a phone call away! Love Dad

Rebecca said...

I miss you too, John. I'm sorry you're already home sick. But I'm sure you'll adjust to life at Emmanuel soon. It's wierd to think you're back at the place we were several months ago experiencing something completely different.