BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2 into a new year and its already moving too fast!

Thank you all fro the comments!
Karen, sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas! I want some pics of Lee, if you got any! =P
Thanks Daniel, missin yall!!!!!
Dad, Grandma thank you and ill be looking forward to the chicken! And ill get u an address to forward stuff to me.
And for everyones knowledge i am only like 1 hour ahead of yall in cali, so call me any time after 6 pm, your time and i should be able to talk. Dad should have my number = )

Well new years was awesome! I feel so spoiled, i have had a hot dinner for 5 or 6 nights in a row! I can get used to this kind of thing.
The fireworks where nuts lol, it sounded like a war zone out in the town. and smoke filled the valleys as the fire crackers went off.

Had a ton of fun with the other volunteers and cant wait to get back to work though.

Yesterday, the 1st, we had church in the morning, and then we took out 2 inflatable pools for the little kids and played some games with them, very fun! even if i did cut my foot on a rock, and got tackled by 5 kids and thrown into a pool. then later on in the night we all went to church for the night worship service.
And i am beginning to feel what these orphans feel on a weekly basis. As the service came to an end, i hugged all those volunteers that will be leaving in a week or two and couldn't help but shed a tear because i have grown such a great relationships with these people and they will leave this place and ill probably never get to see them again. And i cant imagine how these kids deal with volunteers coming and going, i guess ill have to figure it out for my self.
But until then ill embrace every moment with my new friends here at Emmanuel.

4 comments:

mdmatias said...

Sounds like you had fun! It was so nice to hear your voice this morning, it made my day. The office says Hello and happy new year! Hope to talk to you soon John, miss you tons.

Marci

Jensen's said...

Hi John!

It's MOM...Happy New Year! We had a nice quiet evening with Mike, Helena and another couple. As usual we had great food and good wine. The Las Vegas fireworks were terrible this year...so off to bed by 12:30 for Pat & I. Sounds like you are having alot fun.
I'm working with HP on CES again..lots going on and long hours so I haven't been able to write much. I will send you another note as soon as the show opens. Christy says "HI"

Love MOM

Dad said...

Well son remember fireworks are not a toy...they will put your eye out! (just like that red rider BB gun you wanted for Christmas) Gosh that sounds like a movie or something...hmmm. Anyway, Dot and I stayed home and we made it till 12:30 before shutting it down! We has Clark and Lana and some other friends over and played a game called scum! (actually is pretty fun!) Let me know that ddress before i get to weigh a ton! I have cookies and candy galore here!! Sassy Tango and Cash miss you and Sassy said she will play squeaker with you if you come home! I am back to mowing my own lawn!! (I need the exercise! but when or if you come back on break I will let you do it!) I am going to Medota with Boca and Mike this Friday! I will let you know how we do! Miss ya, Luv ya!

Dad

Honduran John said...

LOL Dad ur to funny!
but i am glad to hear yall all had a nice new years!!
sorry to hear that the fireworks where lame mom = ( that was probably the economy no doubt lol. i bet a ton of people decided to stay in this year